Wednesday, October 17, 2012

1.4 Home Sweet Home


I returned to my secluded island to find it not so secluded.  I was pissed.  (And so was I. A few more Mods to control tourists? Yes please.) I tried to go about my business, but the people were making me feel crowded.  Thankfully they were kind, and when I asked them to leave, they split. 

The only person I wanted on my island was Sun Li.  Even if it was to yell at her and tell her to go to hell. I couldn't keep living with this rage, so to let out some steam I decided to expand my garden.  I'd need the fruits if I was going to survive on the island anyways.

I was a little bummed that the sun didn't seem to set.  Probably something I should have thought about before settling in and deciding this was my second start at life...

I started planning my next trip. I was slowly saving money from my harvests and writing, and it had been a few weeks since I traveled. Plus, I was ready to expand my house.  Maybe a bed? Some wood for an actual house?  Not that I didn't mind my sleeping bag out side, but that sun has got to go!  It's hard sleeping with the sun up!

I woke the next morning to a familiar face standing over me,  "Good morning sunshine!" Of course, I screamed like a girl and failed my arms.  My. Isolated. Island. NOT! Once I realized I didn't have to spur into survival mode, I relaxed. The face was familiar. The voice the same.  Sun Li stood over me.  Her eyes blacked and her face cut.  I was almost sure blood was caked on her fingers.

I jumped to my feet. I really needed to invest in some sexy pj's next trip.  "What happened?" I blurted.  It was hard to look at her. I hesitantly touched her face.  Even under my soft touch she flinched.  "They're still fresh," she whispered referring to the bruises.  It wasn't the answer I was looking for, but I would take it now.  But she was going to start talking.

After helping her clean her face, I doctored her up the best I could with the little supplies I had. Words couldn't describe the emotions running through me.  Rage. Happiness. Maybe even love?  No, not love, she lied to me. Mustering up my bottled rage, I broke the silence between us, "Now's the time to start talking or I'm kicking you off my island." Sun Li looked shocked and surveyed my accommodations, "This wasn't what I expected when you said you lived on a beautiful island."

"And, if you are going to be hateful towards my island you can leave," I spat. It was beautiful. She just couldn't see past my minimalist living conditions.  Oh well.
"No, no.  I didn't mean it like that.  It's just not what I imagined. Please, I have no where to go." She begged.  I couldn't turn her away.  Well I could have, but I probably wouldn't have lived with myself.   "You can stay," I sighed, "but you better get to talking."

"Come here, it's chilly today," I said leading her a few feet to my fire pit, "and you look hungry."  I was a bit ashamed by my lack of produce, luckily, I had some left over marshmallows from my trip. "It's time you started talking."

No comments:

Post a Comment