Friday, October 5, 2012

Midnight Sun 1.2

"You know, if you aim like this you pack more power," she said standing behind me.  Our bodies molded together as one as she showed my body the correct form.  I was instantly mesmerized by her warm skin, sweet foreign scent, and ballsy attitude.  Her quick fluid movement interrupted me from my fantasy.  The training post swung quickly around its wooden post and her other hand flew up and caught it with ease.  "Piece of cake," she giggled.

Jace 2.0's mouth fell to the floor.

"My name is Sun Li Young,"she said extending her hand. Speechless moments passed. Time stood still.  My tongue was tied.  My thoughts jumbled. The only thought I could form was daaamn.  I had learned years ago that ladies, especially classy ladies, frowned upon curse words especially drawn out cuss words.  Finally, after moments of shocked silence, my body caught up with the real world.  "Jace," I said accepting her extended hand.
"First time?" I had heard those words before.  I almost laughed or snorted... which ever sound escaped first.  "Just visiting."  I figured it was best to not insult her people when a guest on their turf.  I wouldn't want them doing the same on my island.  Sun Li smiled sweetly,  "Well that's nice. Hope you enjoy it.  I suppose I'll see you around Jace." 
Her smile stunned me.  I stood almost dumb watching her walk away.  In retrospect, I should have chased her.  How would I see her around if I didn't know where 'around' was?  Jace 2.0 glared at me.  But really, why would I want one of these locals.  None of them had been nice so far.  Except her. And maybe the world stopped each time she smiled. But that was no reason to get caught up with a local.
The martial arts studio was a little much for me.  I decided to stick with what I knew, fishing and gardening.   I spent some time searching for exotic fish. That I apparently can't travel home with. UGH
And searching for anything to add to the soil of my island for some food. I might have stashed a few pomegranates to make pancakes. I prayed they would make it home.
All the while I kept thinking of her.  Would I see her again?  If so when?  How? Jace 2.0 still glared at me for messing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment